Here’s a nice simple dinner idea that’s perfect for the summer! I think fajitas are a staple in most households so adding these super quick shrimp fajitas to your fajita rotation should be a no-brainer!
This one is so quick, it was not even worth it to fire up the grill outside, I just grabbed my grill pan and got dinner ready in a matter of a few minutes!
I simply grilled all of the onions and peppers without any seasoning to just enjoy their natural flavors. I usually salt everything, but I really wanted to try to make this as hassle-free as I could and honestly I’m not sure why I always salted grilled peppers and onions before! They really are so flavorful on their own!
The shrimp is seasoned with a simple dry rub that will take you minutes to prepare. Just some salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder. This will give you a nice punch of flavor and smokiness that will really complement the sweetness of shrimp.
Time-saver Tip: For shrimp, just grab the peeled and deveined shrimp from the supermarket so there’s less work for you at home.
And last but not least, throw some sour cream, cilantro, garlic and lime juice into a blender and you have the perfect sauce to drizzle over your shrimp and veggies!
In less than 15 easy minutes, you’ll have the perfect sweet, spicy, and smoky meal ready to go! I was not expecting these fajitas to be amazing because the seasoning is so simple, but I realized how important it is to let the natural flavors of food shine through in this recipe.
Heat up some tortillas and enjoy!
For another grilled shrimp recipe, check out: Perfectly Grilled Shrimp
15 Minute Shrimp Fajitas with Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup bell peppers sliced
- 1/2 cup onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the spices, including the salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Mix until combined. Add shrimp to the seasoning mix. Set aside.
- Heat grill pan, add some of cooking oil. Cook bell peppers until slightly softened for about 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside. Repeat the same for the onions.
- Add shrimp to the grill pan. Allow about 2 minutes per side for cooking. Remove from heat.
- Serve over tortillas with a drizzle of cilantro lime cream sauce!
Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
- Add all ingredients for cream into blender. Blend until smooth. Serve with fajitas.