This super easy Calabrian caprese salad recipe is the perfect easy to make, spicy summer side dish for any day! Whether you’re having just a small family dinner, a big barbecue or a even a holiday get together, if its summer time and you’re trying to find the perfect side dish, this is it!!
How can I elevate a simple caprese salad?
For me, its all about how you dress a salad that makes all the difference! And a caprese salad is really no different!
Here are my favorite ways to dress a caprese salad
- Just a nice olive oil drizzle
- balsamic vinagrette
- olive oil and balsamic glaze
- a spicy garlic chili oil – like that one that’s in this pasta recipe
- calabrian chilli paste – that’s the in this recipe below!
But salt & pepper is a MUST for every variation.
What’s your favorite caprese salad dressing?
What’s in this calabrian caprese salad?
- tomatoes – I like cherry or grape tomatoes for a sweeter flavor and less prep work!
- fresh mozzerella – I like the fresh mozzerella Ciliegine or fresh mozzerella pearls for the bite sized portions and again no prep required for it
- fresh basil
- balsamic vinegar
- calabrian chilli paste – I like the Bomba sauce from Trader Joe’s but there are also varieties in supermarkets or online